Thursday, February 4, 2010

Veggies, Veggies and more Veggies with a dash of Protien

I've been doing this one for a while now and it is actually the reason that I started blogging again.

Don't get your hopes up, it's not the Mona Lisa of food or anything, but it's good.

Ummm how did I do this? Well I'll list the ingredients and then give the recipe if that's not how you like it let me know

Veggie StirFry Tastey Like


Crimini mushrooms
Zuchini (green or yellow or both)
Green Beans
Bell Pepper
Eggplant
Asparagas
Butter
Olive oil
Basil
Coriander
S&P
Basalmic

Alright, the Veggie stir fry is pretty simple and versile. (just rough dice everthing - or whatever)
Start with the mushrooms in butter. Let them brown. Add the bell pepper next - it takes longer to cook. Add the olive oil (or not). add the rest of the veggies except the eggplant - it cooks fast. When the rest of the veggies look about 60% done add the Eggplant. When everything looks 80% done add the spices and then get the pan HOT. Add the Basalmic and let it cook off a bit.
Your veggies are done.

you can add a chicken breast, or what ever for protien. Lately I've been topping with a sprinkle of parm and an egg served over a youkon gold.

It's what I had tonight and I could have it tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment